LAZY DAY

I had a really tough night, waking at three thirty and awake until about six thirty, napping another hour, and then up.
I had a grand breakfast of oysters.  (See oysters in butter on the recipe blog.)  For lunch I had a nice sheepshead fillet in butter and spices in the microwave, and for supper the rest of the salmon.  A fish day for sure.
Mike K came over while Elizabeth went to Paul's for dancing.  We had a grand chat.  Most of it was inside, but then it warmed up a bit.  It is supposed to be warm tomorrow.
Mike listened to my old teaching stories. We heard the saga of the tough time he had after the polio.  Operation after operation.  In casts for months at a time.
I napped again.
Then Elizabeth and I decided not to go to the arts festival. We watched four Heartland episodes.  Usually we just do three.  It is hard to quit.  At the same time a good bit gets resolved in each episode.  Rarely do they leave us hanging.  I love seeing the horses.  
I did two loads of dishes while Willie Nelson sang on the Alexa.  Then I did a load of laundry.  
No bath again tonight.  I am getting lazy.  I need to do it earlier in the day because we have the Heartland in the evening.  So nice to be watching a show with Elizabeth instead of on separate televisions as we do up North.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homosassa Park and Grumpy Gators

BROOKSVILLE ART SHOW AND CHILI

TRIP TO ST SIMON'S ISLAND IN GEORGIA