Dunnellon





We wandered up to Dunnellon to look over boat rentals.  We are set to be here next year, and perhaps I'll try renting a boat and fishing again along the Withlacoochie. The fellow in the store said that bluegills bite well and easily.  He uses chicken gizzards.
At the
https://www.facebook.com/AnglersResortDunnellon/

Anglers Resort.  We looked around.  They have  high prices for pontoons, but not to bad for fishing boats with motors.   Perhaps next year I'll try a license again. Elizabeth can go with me as long as she does not fish.  There are some big fish in this river, but I'd be most interested in bluegills and crappie and filling my freezer.
They also have a fast and furious airboat ride that perhaps some of our future guests would like.

We ate at the Blue Gator and got some the best wings we have had in a while as well as a pretty good deal on redfish with homemade potato chips.  What I liked was the wings could be ordered individually with the minimum being 4.  On Tuesdays they are 59 cents a wing.  So I could have hot and Elizabeth could have garlic.
The only downside is the music.  We get that everywhere.  I guess I need to carry both my bib and earplugs.
We were delighted to eat outside and the service was really attentive.   The wine was small but not bad.

http://blue-gator.com/

 We then wandered up to the Stumpknocker's on the River and thought we were going on a boat ride, but as it turned out, the boat was full.  No worries.  It was just a whim.  Actually at $20 a piece for two hours, we could rent our own boat in Dunnellon for 4 hours, and not have to deal with the deadly boring folks who would have been our companions.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homosassa Park and Grumpy Gators

BROOKSVILLE ART SHOW AND CHILI

TRIP TO ST SIMON'S ISLAND IN GEORGIA