BROOKSVILLE ART SHOW AND CHILI

While Elizabeth had an appointment, I had a nice meal here;

I went to Natalia's  http://www.nataliaspizza.com/
where there is a lot of food other than pasta and pizza.  I ate some oxtail with yucca and a salad and washed it down with a double expresso.


Susan took us on a tour of the art displayed in the City Hall, including her own framed poem in the poetry section.  It was a mixed showing, with some things incredibly stunning and others rather poor.  We had a great time.


Here is Susan with her framed poem.  It was not a poem I could understand because I lack all the background in the work and thinking of the famous psychologists mentioned, but Elizabeth could follow each nuance.  A fine poem with meanings well below the surface.




Here is a sample of what I liked:
This woman worked in what is called acrylics and used a technique of putting the color over an oil that spread it around and shaped it.  I don't much like abstract, but I like this.
 In this one the acrylic forms another frame for this fantastic wolf with a bit of powdered snow on his nose.  Elizabeth did not like this one, but I would love it on my wall.

 I have not seen painting done on coconut tree bark.  This was really cool


 In my world there are never too many paintings of boats.
 Using a crab shell and adding color.  Interesting idea.





 These are spoonbill, one of our favorite Florida birds.

Here is a painting with a tiger and a pumpkinseed.  Rare to see those two together.  The title was, "Where is my supper?"



Elizabeth liked this particular painting of a butterfly.


Outside Elizabeth was looking for directions so we could grab lunch.  With her was a sculpted horse.
 Elizabeth liked the rays of light caught in this photo.

We ended finding what she was looking for, the Main Street Eatery.


 http://www.themainstreeteatery.com/

https://www.florida-backroads-travel.com/main-street-eatery.html



She had a good sandwich. 
I wanted a bowl of Cajun soup, but they were out.
So I ordered Buffalo Breath chili. 
The waitress insisted that I have a taste first.  I was tired and just wanted the bowl of chili, but she said she had to give me a taste first, "by law" because it was so hot.
I had my taste, and was very good and very spicy.
I ordered and enjoyed a bowl.
Then she told me that anyone finishing the bowl could get another bowl for free.

Well, I don't ever pass of free chili.
Of course, that bowl was less spicy because my body had adjusted.
But it was all good and the bill for both of us was $14.

I don't think I'll need supper.

Oh, this is a Cuban place, but there was one wall with all Seville hangings, including this one




Comments

  1. How long did your "buffalo breath" last? Tough on Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't replicate the Buffalo breath. That is in the dish. Just like when you eat iced cream, you don't.....oh, nevermind.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homosassa Park and Grumpy Gators

TRIP TO ST SIMON'S ISLAND IN GEORGIA