AIR BOAT YESTERDAY /TODAY LAST VISIT TO PARK THIS SEASON


I skipped the airboat ride yesterday, but the others had a great ride.



I stayed back and read my mystery on a picnic table. 
I'm not so much for airboats, and I did not want my eye exposed to water and wind.
I was attacked by caterpillars and had to move to another picnic table.  I don't know what they like about me.
They had a 1000 lbs alligator there in a pen.  Pretty cool looking.


Cory and Katie had their photo taken holding a smaller alligator.








Today, we took Cory and Katie to the Homosassa Wildlife Park today for our last visit of the season.  He had just four more tickets on our punchcard.
It was amazing, really.  Wild manatee were everywhere and we had great viewing.  I have not seen them in the pond area this year..  We could even see them up close through the glass in the underwater aquarium.



 Below is a snook.  The fish were more plentiful as well.  There were jack crevaille, snappers, and sheepshead.

Then all along the shoreline, wherever we walked,  there were wild manatee.


The birds were delightful as always.







This is the closest I have come to a spoonbill.  Last year we could only see them through fencing.




Lucifer was very active today.  At one point he bellowed and opened his mouth wide.  He was a fine show.
The alligators were out.

We did not do many people shots.  But here is one of Cory



We ate at Charlie's.  My last panned oysters of the season.  Everything was good.  Then we went to the Ft. Edward beach.  The wind was really high, but the water was about what it was the last time, perhaps a bit colder.  So that was my last swim in the Gulf.



There were sand pipers, gulls, and skimmers.  So, it was a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homosassa Park and Grumpy Gators

BROOKSVILLE ART SHOW AND CHILI

TRIP TO ST SIMON'S ISLAND IN GEORGIA