BACK HERE AGAIN

 I should write more up on the blogs as the Facebook is nice but very temporary.

November on Burden Lake was delightful with very light wind.  I had to give up the pontoon too early.  Perhaps Seth will let me keep it in the water later next year.  If I'm lucky enough to have another year.

I am well and all the rush of doctors and proceedures and all such stuff left me with good news except for the sugar and a new pill for that as well as a new pill for cholesterol.

The flight was delightful.  Very empty. we each had a full row to ourselves and I'd remembered the Cagney book so there was plenty to read.  Quick and easy.  They never turned off the seatbelt sign, but I went to the back bathroom once anyway.


We went up to the Moose to dance and talked to Ken, Minnie, Chuck, Kay, Paul, Rita, and others in that group.  It was a good time, but I was pretty tired.  No charge for the dance just now.  No popcorn.

Mike hosted the first poker game in his garage and I liked it.  Very comfortable. Ray has started a huge swirl of trouble here and we have to plan to accomodate new rules if we are to use the clubhouse.  The new Mike, Gary, Dennis, John, Ron, Mike K, and I made seven players.  I lost $16. I bought pizza for the group and have some left over.  

We did a good bit of shopping and even went to the Crab Plant for floaters and an expensive red snapper that I scaled outdoors (with flies) and we ate baked snapper last night.  

Elizabeth and I have been listening to books on her phone and we did one of Alexander McCall Smith.  It was a mystery and good, but not like those Ladies Detective books.  Those just make my day.

We'll do Thanksgiving at Ken and Minnie's.  We had a bit of a gathering up North just before leaving. Thanksgiving and two birthdays celebrated in a rented room.  Very nice.  It has been extremely hard to manage getting folks together for Thanksgiving and we may try to do this alternative celebration in upcoming years.

Mike put air in the bike tires and I took one ride.  I'll probably go again today.  It has been rainy and then rather cold with warmer afternoons.

We had the first driveway party and a good visit.  Steve is riddled with cancer, so he will have a struggle coming up.  Young fella too.

Ocala finally moved to the new location, so I may go up this Saturday and see what is happening there.  That safe game of old regulars is probably not the same.

We had a Philly sandwich at Beef O'brady one night.  It was better than cooking, but not absolutely wonderful.  Cheap enough.  I'd like to go on wing night.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homosassa Park and Grumpy Gators

BROOKSVILLE ART SHOW AND CHILI

TRIP TO ST SIMON'S ISLAND IN GEORGIA